Why you need to implement Structured Data
Google, Bing, Yandex and Yahoo agreed on a standardised format: schema.org for providing information about a page and to classify its content. using Structured Data will enable you to
improve the way your pages are
What are Structured Data for
You can use Structured Data to provide additional information about creative work, events, organisation, a person, a place or a product.
Here is a list of the most common used of Structured Data:
* Organization information
* Local business Markup
* Product and Offer
* Site navigation
The recommended format is JSON-LD but you can also use Microdata an RDFa, not microformats.
* Make sure the content you are promoting is your content or your users'
* Don't mark hidden, misleading or irrelevant content
* Don't mix up Structured Data with Open Graph, which is used by Facebook. Although a type of markup, it is not as detailed.
* Implementing Structured Data doesn't guaranty it will be shown as you wish on the SERPs..
* When displayed correctly and with visibility, they will boost your CTR
Rankings: There is no proof that using Structured Data currently improves your rankings. However, this will certainly change with mobile first, voice search and how Google's indexation is heading to closer dependance on API,
XML and JSON-LD feeds.